Friday, November 18, 2011

So We Got Married ...

Well... It's been a crazy couple of months. I don't think Jake or I could have ever imagined all that the Lord had in store for 2011! It's been the most amazing whirlwind of our lives.
Here's the quickest version of our story:

We met in July 2008 through my friend Emily and his friend Casey who were dating.

We walked together in their wedding in June 2009.
He thought I was in love with him, I thought I wasn't, we'll let the picture speak for itself

We would see each other on and off with our friends. Jake had been praying about if the Lord had anything in store for us over those few years. And in January 2011 the Lord really showed me that Jake was the person I was supposed to marry, and had been confirming the same thing to Jake.

We started dating in March

got engaged in July

and got married in October

all that + the last month and a half = the best 8 months of my life!

Next on the list for this adventure ... Haiti for thanksgiving!

We'll do our best to keep track of that trip and all that the Lord's doing in our lives on here. Please keep us in your prayers, as we have seen the evidence of the power of it, and will openly admit our need for it.
Praise the Lord for His infinite grace, mercy, and faithfulness!

"Let all that I am praise the LORD; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me."
Psalm 103:1-2

No comments: