Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I Need Thee Every Hour

I need Thee every hour
Most gracious Lord
No tender voice like thine
Can peace afford
I need Thee, oh, I need Thee
Every hour I need Thee
Oh, bless me now my Savior
I come to Thee
These lyrics have been running through my mind constantly since Hudson was born. I have never been as aware of my desperate need for the strength of Jesus as I have been since becoming a mom. I started this post months ago, and it has only become more true. Every time this song comes up on my iPod or pops into my mind I am overwhelmed by how truly it resonates.
I am more desperate for the Lord in this season than I have ever been. Praise Him that He knows my weaknesses, my proclivity to wander, and rely on my own "strength." As if I can even call what I bring to the table, strength. I am so aware that all that is within myself is weakness, but by His grace He enables me with HIS strength. To the mothers of 2, 3, 4, 10 children, I'm sure I am so naive. Bless you for going before the rest of us and showing us that it is possible.
As I end another long day where there is very little that can be marked off my to-do list, but moments with my family that I can only hope to remember forever, I am thankful that God is gracious, and that He is strong in my weakness.

No comments: