Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Why blog?


I've come back to this little blog a few times now. I come for a while and leave. And I continually ask myself, why? Why blog? 
This isn't a mom blog, but I'm a mom and obviously talk about that; it's not a cooking or crafty how-to blog, but that might come about; it's not fashion or beauty. So what's the point? As I lie here in bed next to my precious baby boy, I am reminded of why. Someday when things are hard and crazy and insane as life seems to get whether it's for him, me, you, or someone else, I want us to be able to look back and remember. Remember that no matter how hard life gets God is still faithful. He always told the Israelites to remember, and they always forgot His faithfulness. I look at them with such pride thinking, "how could they be so foolish?" But when I look at the doubt in my heart, I am humbled, if only I could learn from their mistakes. My prayer is that me, my family, and anyone else who could be pointed back to God through this little slice of the cyber world, would. That we would remember good times, impossible times, and everything in between and see the faithfulness of the Lord. 
I'm overall a relatively private person, which is strange for someone writing to basically anyone in the world who would stumble upon this. And I by no means share every single detail of our life here, but I hope that through honesty and transparency, Christ would be exalted, and people would be pointed back to Him. It's why I'm here, on earth, on this page, it's why I exist in any context. With that, I'm back for now, praying that this will bring a little more glory to the One to whom all praise is due.

No comments: