Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mama's Day


I still can't believe that I have the privilege of being a mama. I don't think I could have understood the truth of children being a blessing from the Lord until having him. Children - all children, ones that you bear, ones that you adopt, ones that you care for - they are blessings.

I am so thankful for a day to set aside to celebrate my mom and grandmas; it's so valuable, I truly love being able to celebrate my mama and all she does and is. But I honestly can't my head around the fact that fall in to this category this year. It will be a sweet day with family, I have no doubt, but as I sit and think about it - I am just left praising the Lord for this little family of mine.

I am overwhelmed and left in tears of joy as I think about these two that He has entrusted me with. I pray that I would love them well. That I would be a constant picture of His love to them. That Hudson would understand just a fraction of the Father's love for him through me.

And while they think tomorrow is about me, the truth is that to me, it's all about them - without them it wouldn't be a day for me at all.



I posted this last year, and it is still my absolute favorite Mother's Day poem. For every mama,  the ones who are overwhelmed, the ones who hope to be mamas, the ones who are mama's to babes in heaven - my prayers are for you. That the Lord would make His face to shine upon you in the seasons of joy and the seasons of pain, that you would feel incredibly loved by Him.

Baci Baci

No comments: